"Sofort!" is a parody catchphrase in the Downfall Universe. In German, it means "at once" or "immediately".
But in the parodies, it's usually translated as "So fucked!", "You're fucked!", "You suck!", "Dammit", "A fart" and many other types of expletives. Its most famous user is Adolf Hitler, who says it in the middle of his rant in the Hitler reviews scene and the Pros and Cons with Adolf Hitler scene to Otto Günsche.
The term is also used in the Hitler Phone Scene where Hitler hangs up on Koller after telling him the entire military force should be hanged, and towards the end of the Hitler Eating Scene where Hitler says he wants Fegelein's report at once.
Characters known to say the phraseEdit
- Hitler - Several times in the film:
- During the phone scene when he rants about the Lufftwaffe.
- After he hears Göring's telegram.
- At the end of the dinner scene.
- During the Hitler Reviews Scene, when he rants about Fegelein.
- When he orders a telegram be sent to Keitel.
- When he orders Günsche to burn his body.
- Keitel - At the beginning of the Hitler planning scene.
- Krebs - When he tells Weidling that officers that retreat will be shot.
- Mohnke - During the night battle, he orders the Volkssturm to get out of the field of fire.
- Fritzsche - When he says that they must start negociations with the Russians.
- Goebbels - When he asks Traudl to write his will.
- Weidling - During the surrender announcement.
- Schenck - When he encounters a Greifkommando.
- Göring/Bormann - In the telegram that he sent, read by Bormann.
- Speer - When he tells Eva that he's leaving to Hamburg.
- Tellermann - When he orders that Prof. Schenck receive the necessary papers to remain in Berlin.
|This page is a candidate for deletion. |
If you disagree with its deletion, please explain why at Category talk:Candidates for deletion or improve the page and remove the