Ranting is the act where somebody writes/speaks in an angry matter. A person who rants is usually called a ranter.
In Downfall Parodies
See also: Parody Catchphrases
This is a common gag in the Hitler Parodies. Ranting is commonly caused by Fegelein's antics, which angers the subjects, particularly Hitler, who is, arguably, the best ranter in the Parodies. However, there are other good ranters, like Burgdorf, who rants in a rather fast manner, and Goebbels. Other known ranters are Fegelein, Jodl, Keitel, and Weidling.
There's an annual competition where the Bunker occupants test their ranting skills, called the Rant Off held at the end of every year.
Goebbels even has a weapon called the Pencil of rantmaggedon that causes people to rant.
It is estimated that Hitler's rants can sound up to 100 decibels.
Grunting can also be heard spontaneously in the film. This is considered to be a synonym for ranting.
The Hitler's generals discusses and Burgdorf gets angry scene alone saw Goebbels and three of the latter ranting one after the other.
- Muammar al-Gaddafi
- Nicolae Ceaușescu
- Kit Kittredge
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Juan Miranda
- Benito Mussolini
- Samantha Parkington
- Joseph Stalin
- Inglourious Hitler
Notable Downfall Scenes featuring heavy ranting
- Hitler Phone Scene: Hitler rants to Koller about the uselessness of the Luftwaffe
- Hitler Planning Scene : Hitler rants at Jodl for objecting to his plans
- Hitler's Generals Discussing Scene: Burgdorf is angry towards Fegelein for being an opportunist
- Original Bunker Scene: The basis for the whole Hitler Rants meme and resulting parody universe. For those who don't know: In this scene, Hitler rants at his generals after realizing he lost the war and blames this loss on the generals.
- Bormann informs Hitler: Hitler rants about Görings betrayal when the latter tries to assume power over the Reich
- Hitler Eating Scene:
- Hitler, Grawitz and Günsche: The source for the famous FEGELEIN FEGELEIN FEGELEIN rant. In this scene, Hitler rants to Günsche about Fegelein deserting him by leaving the bunker.
- Generals discuss and Burgdorf gets angry: Features a record number of people ranting at the same place and time i.e. Weidling, Goebbels, Krebs and Burgdorf.
- Goebbels Rants Scene: Guess who... (Goebbels rants to the generals about not wanting to surrender to the Soviets.)