| Downfall character|
|Portrayed by||Rolf Kanies|
|Full name||Hans Krebs|
|Born||4 March 1898|
|Died||1 May 1945 (aged 47)|
|Occupation / Rank||General der Infanterie (Infantry General)|
|Parody Universe Information|
Hans Krebs (4 March 1898 - 1 May 1945) was a German General Of Infantry who served during World War II.
Krebs was born in Helmstedt. He volunteered for service in the Imperial German Army in World War I in 1914, promoted to lieutenant in 1915, and rose up the ranks until he became a General of Infantry
As World War II was ending, he made a telephone call on April 28 to Keitel, and informed him that if relief didn't come within 48 hours, all was lost. He was among the people to court-martial Hermann Fegelein after Himmler negotiated surrender.
A day after Hitler committed suicide, and after a failed negotiation with the Soviets, he, along with Burgdorf, committed suicide as well.
- This section requires expansion
In the Parody UniverseEdit
Krebs is known as the "Map Pointer" because it's his job to point the map of Berlin. He takes great pride in his map pointing skills and is extremely annoyed whenever anyone interrupts his pointing demonstrations, or when Fegelein tells him to point maps. He was revealed to have a map fetish.
Krebs is more scared of Hitler than Jodl and Burgdorf and so, when the time comes to inform Hitler about the latest misfortune to have befallen the bunker, he attempts to tell Hitler but then loses confidence, sparing him and letting Jodl tell the bitter truth in the end.
One of the more likeable characters in the Bunker, he is also the life partner of ranting extraordinaire and musician, Wilhelm Burgdorf. Although they have been reportedly married as a gay couple on separate occasions, the pair deny any planning because of Hitler's ideas for a better Germany.
Apparently, Krebs is the only general immune to Joseph Goebbels's Stare of Silence, saying that Krebs will make a Halloween head out of Goebbels if the latter keeps staring.
- There is another Nazi Party member who is named Hans Krebs. What's different is that he was much older; born in 1888 and died in 1947 by execution. Also, instead of a Wehrmacht general, he was a Waffen SS-Brigadeführer from Czechoslovakia.
- Yet another Hans Krebs exists. He was a German-born biochemist who also lived through WWII. He identified two important metabolic cycles in organisms, one of them named the Krebs Cycle. He shared a Nobel Prize for his discoveries.
- The real life Hans Krebs wore a monocle on his right eye. The Downfall Krebs does not wear any monocle anywhere in the movie. The reason why he doesn't remains unknown.
- In Die letzte Schlacht, Krebs (played by Jodl) has his monocle.
- He's one of the few characters to appear on Uncyclopedia.
In Other Media/Spoofs/ResemblancesEdit
In Real LifeEdit
- ↑ Krebs apparently committed suicide after midnight on 2 May, although some other sources state it occurred before midnight on 1 May. See Joachimsthaler 1999, p. 288.