| Downfall character|
|Portrayed by||Heino Ferch|
|Full name||Berthold Konrad Hermann Albert Speer|
|Born|| 19 March 1905 |
Mannheim, Baden, Germany
|Died||1 September 1981 (aged 76) London, United Kingdom|
|Occupation / Rank|| Architect|
|Parody Universe Information|
- “Albert Speer, antic dealer. The Billy Mays of the antic tools. Buy now or regret lost chances later.”
- ―Albert Speer doing his dirty work
Berthold Konrad Hermann Albert Speer [IPA: albɛɐt ʃpeːɐ] (19 March 1905 - 1 September 1981) was an architect and a Nazi politician, who served as Germany's minister of armaments from 1942 to 1945. Speer claimed in his memoirs that he visited Adolf Hitler in the bunker on 22 April 1945, shortly before Berlin was overrun by the Soviets, and asked him to cancel the edict to destroy all German civilian infrastructure, though the veracity of the tale was doubted by historians. Speer left the city the next day, and was later arrested and put on trial in Nürenberg. He was convicted of crimes against humanity and served 20 years in prison. He was released in 1966 and lived until 1981 when he suffered a stroke.
In the parodiesEdit
- “Do you guys need some equipment? I just shipped in some brand new ones.”
- ―Speer the antic dealer to Himmler and Fegelein
The Downfall Speer - played by actor Heino Ferch - drops by on Heinrich Himmler and Hermann Fegelein in the bunker's parking lot every once in a while, selling tools for antics and the like, thus giving him the impression of being the cool boy of the Bunker.
Speer is a highly skilled engineer and inventor. He has created such wonders as a robotic office assistant, called the Fuhrer-Aid 2000, and a touchscreen controller for Hitler to play video games on.
Speer also owns a dollar store: The Dollar Reich, where Hitler worked at for a while after the war was lost. Hitler slacked off a lot, and did various faults such as shouting at Günsche and waking up at 11:00, being late. Speer later fired Hitler due to all of these faults.
Hitler generally trusts Speer more than the other occupants of the bunker, as shown when Hitler asks Speer to guard his model of Berlin.
His counterpart in the Mirror Parody Universe, Reeps Trebla, is also an antic dealer, although he sells them to Reltih, the antic-doer in that alternate universe. His U-Boat Parody counterpart is the 1WO, who works as an antic dealer for the crew of U-96.
He was also known to have worked as a courier for Edward Merriman, such as when he delivered a shipment of missiles to Himmler and Fegelein.
Speer has an ice-cold personality, shown when Goebbels entered the radio room crying because his teddy bear was missing, only to find the serious-looking architect who simply replied with:
- “Fuck off. You're a grown man damn it. We talked about this before.”
- ―Speer to Goebbels when the latter lost his teddy bear
Speer also possesses the special ability to detect and rate boobs with his Eye of Boob Detection. Though not a superweapon, it had helped Hitler in a few circumstances, such as distinguishing real Traudl from someone wearing a costume. His boob-detecting eye might have some limitations, as he then proceeds in constructing the Tittyvision, a device with a boob-shaped dome, allowing anyone the ability to detect boobs.
In some Czech parodies made by GameballCZ, Speer is called Shrek by Hitler.
List of appearancesEdit
- Himmler and Fegelein at the garage (garage)
- Hitler walks around the model of Berlin (Germania)
- congratulates the Hitler Youth Hitler congratulates the Hitler Youth (cameo)
- Hitler and Speer chat
- Hitler Is Informed Scene
- Speer stares at Traudl's boobs
- Magda, Eva and Bormann talk to Speer
- Hitler and Speer Scene (last appearance - he left the Führerbunker)
- His boob detector was inspired by scenes in Downfall in which Speer talks to Traudl: one when he arrives at the Führerbunker and another as he converses with her on the staircase. In both occasions he never fails to look down upon Traudl's breasts.
- Hitler also has a similar scene, also with Traudl as his prime target.
- Speer falls in the category of 'Good Nazis' (it is unknown if he was a Nazi at all), since he tried to warn Dolfy that the Nero Decree would result in the annihilation of the German people.